January 29, 2011

Zebras are HOT!.....and Tinkerbell's pretty awesome too.

This week's adventures:
It seems like the theme that I've had requested the most during the past several months is....HOT PINK & ZEBRA!  Girls are lovin' them some zebra this year, and if you pair it up with hot pink it is really H.O.T!  I made 4 cakes and 3 dozen cupcakes this week.  Of the 4 cakes, 3 of them had Zebra stripes. 

Another thing that is really popular right now is a pearl sheen that can be sprayed on with using an airbrush.  It's a fun way to jazz up a cake.  This cake is the one of the cakes that I made this week with Zebra stripes.  It was for a girl that Brent goes to school with.  The first picture shows the cake before the pearl sheen has been applied.

This picture was taken after I sprayed the cake with a pearl sheen using an airbrush.  The effects of the sheen are most notable on the black fondant pieces (like the number 9).  Just a little added sparkle....what girl doesn't like that???

Another Zebra cake that I made this week was for a close friend's daughter.  Happy 18th Birthday Onyx!!!
Hmmmm....does that make me old?  A dear friend has an 18-year-old kid?!  What?
Anyway, it turned out really cute.  Zebra stripes paired with polka dots.  How fun is that!


The last Zebra cake that I made this week was blue and green instead of pink.  Still lots of fun!  Throw in some leopard print and a little pearl sheen and you're ready for a b-day party.   This cake was also for a student in Brent's class.


...and a matching sheetcake in purple.


Here are some other Zebra cakes that I've made in the past.







As you can see, everybody loves Zebra!
And if Zebra isn't for you, then it seems that Tinkerbell might be.
I did another Tinkerbell cake last week.  As the mother of three young boys, I'm not too into the whole girly-girl scene.....but, I have to say, for froo-froo girly stuff, it sure is cute!






Here's a view from the top, looking down.  This cake also has the pearl sheen airbrushed onto it.  I love the way it looks on fondant!



This cake was fashioned after a cake that I made for my Great-Niece.  Wow!  That title makes me feel really old!  I thought you had to be an old lady to be a Great-Aunt.  Hmmmmm...I guess if the shoe fits, I should wear it.  I can't possibly be old enough for that!
Here it is, along with a few other Tinkerbell cakes that I have made in the last couple of years.

 Happy 4th Birthday to my Great-Niece, Savannah!


This cake was for my cousin's daughter, Zainah.


I made these two cakes for a family in my church.  They have FIVE daughters!  I cannot possibly imagine that....I don't think I could even attemp to wrap my brain around it.  Between all the weddings, showers, and birthdays, I believe they could singlehandedly keep me in business.  Sometime soon I'll do a post that is all cakes that I have done for this family alone.  Yeah for the Ryherds!  :)

Smash cake to match the larger sheetcake.  

This week, I also made a birthday cake for an apparent chocolate lover.....chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate curls on top....and some peanut butter filling in the middle.  YUMMM--My kind of cake!

Here's how it went:

Chocolate cake with yummy peanut butter filling.
I could eat that filling with a spoon....very yummy!

Here it is with the chocolate frosting added......even more "Yummmm".

Chocolate curls.....definitely "Yummmmmm!"

The finished product:
Happy Birthday Alisha!


The other order that I did this week was for a K-State themed party.  My customer wanted some simple cupcakes that would go with the K-State color theme.  So, this is what I came up with.





The next couple of weeks look to be busy also, so, more to come soon. 
 Until then, "Have your cake and eat it too!"




No comments:

Post a Comment