January 13, 2011

Here we go!

Welcome to my blog!  This is something completely new to me that I've recently been inspired to do.  I think it will be a tool to document some of the memorable moments in my life....the ones I never want to forget (and maybe some of those other ones, too).  So, let me tell you a bit about myself and my family.

In May of 2000, I married my amazing husband, Mark, and together we have 3 sons:  Brent (age 9), Michael (aka Mikey)(age 6), and Zackary (age 3).  Here is a recent picture that I took using the timer (for the first time) on my camera.  I find it amazing that it turned out so well with 3 young boys and a timer involved!  As you can see, they knew that Santa was watching are really calm and well-behaved.

Mark works in the Auto Restoration industry and restores vintage Rolls Royce, Bentley, and other high end automobiles. He loves the work that he does.  Every day it is something different and he enjoys making parts for the cars that are no longer available on the market.  His boss chauffeured us on our wedding day in the first car that Mark ever restored--a 1929 Picadilly Rolls Royce.
We are very active members of The First Freewill Baptist Church in Wellington.  Mark runs the sound and I am the VBS director.  I also am the head cook at our church camp (something new that I just took on last summer), along with a few other projects that I take on from time to time.
I stay at home with the boys and operate a small bakery out of my home.  I make several different bread products (cinnamon rolls, dinner rolls, kolaches, breadsticks, white bread, french bread, etc.), cookies, iced sugar cookies, and cakes.  I love it all, but cakes are my passion!  I do anything from simple (and some not-so-simple) birthday cakes to more elaborate wedding and special occasion cakes.  It's is an awesome creative outlet for me.  I'll be posting some of my cakes on this blog.  Working from my home allows me tremendous flexability that I wouldn't get with a storefront....it allows me to schedule around important events that I don't want to miss....I guess it lets me be a mom first and that's important to me. 
Well, I guess that's about it for now.  More to come soon.....hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment